High quality clubs and extra-curricular activities are an essential part of school life.
They provide opportunities to enrich children's experiences beyond the curriculum and an excellent medium to foster good relationships between teachers and pupils.
They develop children's social skills by providing a forum for interaction between pupils of different ages.
Clubs and extra-curricular activities should promote a positive attitude towards school and help to develop the school's relationship with parents. They may also help children to channel their leisure time constructively.
We aim to give children opportunities to:
- participate in a variety of clubs in order to develop and extend their social, mental and physical skills
- safely enjoy well organised clubs in order to promote exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle
- be involved in competitive activities which take place in a friendly and sporting atmosphere
- make an active contribution to the school through their participation
St Nicholas School works with the "The Bejewelled Academy" who provide a range of extra-curricular activities for our pupils. Our Spring terms clubs are:
- The Wonders of Clay (Years 1 - 3)
- Lego Construction (Years 4 - 6)
- Fun Fitness (internal staff provision; Years 1 - 6)