Accreditation and School Evaluation
Our school is a Member of:
The Independent Schools Council
Independent Schools Association
Therefore, the school is inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI); a government approved and monitored regulatory body. We are required to comply with all Independent School Regulations, as per all educational institutions within England.
Currently ISI compliance inspections take place every 2 - 3 years, and the feedback facilitates school improvement.
Involvement in an on-going regulatory protocol fosters excellence and ongoing improvement in a school. The question is not if we want a better school, but how we will assure continuous school improvement. These provisions provide a systematic process that requires a school to ask why it exists, to establish a vision of its future, and to determine specific objectives for reaching that vision.
The information surfaced through the protocols serves as a sound basis for school improvement, strategic planning, restructuring, and staff development.
- The process examines the entire school - its philosophy and goals, its community, its programs and services, the facilities and financial stability.
- It provides a way to manage change through regular assessment, planning, implementation, and reassessment.
- It helps schools establish priorities for improvement by using thorough needs assessments, rather than faddish approaches to improvement.
- It requires a school to establish and implement an improvement plan based upon its vision of the future. Desired school-wide results are a part of the perpetual accreditation cycle that includes:
- School self-assessment that identifies areas of strength and areas for improvement in the current educational program for students.
- Insight and perspective from the evaluation team.
- Regular staff assessment of progress during the intervening years between full self-studies.
- The accreditation process helps to ensure greater continuity of student experiences through continuous clarification of the school's direction.
Our inspection reports:
Click here for our St-Nicholas-Inspection-Report-October-2015.pdf
Click here for our September 2016 Progress Monitoring Final Report St-Nicholas-School-progress-monitoring-visit-report-FINAL-2.pdf
Department for Education (DfE) confirmation of our most recent inspection result is available here: DFE-letter-18.11.16.pdf
Please note that following the September 2016 monitoring inspection, St Nicholas School & Nursery is fully compliant with all regulatory requirements.