Our school is a Member of:
The Independent Schools Council
Independent Schools Association
Therefore, the school is inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI); a government approved and monitored regulatory body. We are required to comply with all Independent School Regulations, as per all educational institutions within England.
Currently ISI compliance inspections take place every 2 – 3 years, and the feedback facilitates school improvement.
Involvement in an on-going regulatory protocol fosters excellence and ongoing improvement in a school. The question is not if we want a better school, but how we will assure continuous school improvement. These provisions provide a systematic process that requires a school to ask why it exists, to establish a vision of its future, and to determine specific objectives for reaching that vision.
The information surfaced through the protocols serves as a sound basis for school improvement, strategic planning, restructuring, and staff development.
- The process examines the entire school – its philosophy and goals, its community, its programs and services, the facilities and financial stability.
- It provides a way to manage change through regular assessment, planning, implementation, and reassessment.
- It helps schools establish priorities for improvement by using thorough needs assessments, rather than faddish approaches to improvement.
- It requires a school to establish and implement an improvement plan based upon its vision of the future. Desired school-wide results are a part of the perpetual accreditation cycle that includes:
- School self-assessment that identifies areas of strength and areas for improvement in the current educational program for students.
- Insight and perspective from the evaluation team.
- Regular staff assessment of progress during the intervening years between full self-studies.
- The accreditation process helps to ensure greater continuity of student experiences through continuous clarification of the school’s direction.
Following on from our Inspection in October 2018, we were happy to welcome Inspectors from ISI for a follow up visit in March 2019. Our letter to parents and the report can be found below.
The letter below offers an overview of the ISI Report sent to parents following our Inspection in October 2018.